Posts for tag: Dental Implants
Tooth loss doesn’t have to be forever. Find out how dental implants could help.
Do you feel embarrassed to smile now that you have lost a tooth? Do you hate that people seem to notice that gap more than the rest of your smile? Has tooth loss made it harder to chew food or affected your speech? If so, then our Bellevue, WA, cosmetic dentists, Dr. Kianoosh Behshid and Dr. Amir Emam, can turn it all around with dental implants.
What is a dental implant?
When you lose a tooth you also lose the roots of a tooth, which is an essential component for a healthy mouth. A dental implant is a restoration that is designed to function just like a tooth root, which is why our Bellevue dentists surgically place the implant into the jawbone. Over time, the bone and tissue will fuse together so the implant becomes a permanent restoration within the jawbone.
If you are only missing a single tooth then one dental implant is all you’ll need to replace the tooth. Of course, if you are dealing with significant or complete tooth loss, this doesn’t mean that you can’t get implants. In fact, we can place multiple implants throughout the jawbone. These implants can support and stabilize dentures. If you are a denture-wearer who is frustrated that your dentures move around, then you could be an ideal candidate for implant-supported dentures.
Who is right for dental implants?
Despite the tooth loss, do you have good oral health? Are you in good general health, too? If so, then you could be an ideal candidate for getting dental implants in Bellevue. Factors that play into your candidacy include:
- Oral health (no decay or active gum disease should be present)
- General health (you shouldn’t be dealing with uncontrolled chronic health issues or undergoing chemotherapy/radiation therapy)
- Your immune system
- Lifestyle habits (e.g. smoking)
- Jawbone deterioration
- Your age (implants are not meant for children or teens whose mouths are still developing)
- Your dedication to maintaining your restoration
Don’t you owe it to yourself to get a restoration that will replace your missing teeth for life? We thought so! Turn to Fine Dental Arts in Bellevue, WA, today to schedule your consultation. Let’s find out if dental implants are right for you!
Tooth loss turns the tables on your oral health
- Neighboring teeth gravitate towards the open space
- Exposed gum tissue become irritated by outside forces
- Bite and function of teeth change, thus, making it difficult to chew and speak
- It saves the jawbone from disappearing
- A dental implant stays put, permanently
- The synthetic crown blends in well with natural teeth
- You can maintain a dental implant by good brushing and flossing
Is the reason behind tooth loss important?
Who is an implant candidate?
- Healthy gums
- Sufficient amount of jawbone
- Good oral health